Your personal data may be processed by Arçelik A.Ş. with its seat in Turkey – Istanbul ("Arçelik" or the "Company") in the context defined below, in accordance with the Law no.6698 on Protection of Personal Data (the "Law").
You can reach detailed information regarding purposes of processing of your personal data, in the Arçelik Group of Companies Personal Data Protection and Processing Policy, at the web address of https://www.arcelikglobal.com/media/6247/personal-data-protection-and-processing.pdf
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company agree and undertake to provide the protections required by EU Directives and Regulations - including under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter called the "GDPR".
For what purpose shall your personal data be processed?
Your personal data, which consist of your name, surname and electronic email address specified in initial registration screen, and which are specified below according to Mentor, Entrepreneur and Inventor user types which you shall select subsequently;
1. Mentor: The country you live, languages you speak, section where you give information about yourself (the job you do, the school-department you graduated, companies you worked at, your fields of specialisation) and your photograph
2. Entrepreneur: City, country, your student/employee status (if you are a student, your school and department, if graduated the school and department, if employee current job status), information on your team, additionally information regarding business idea or product (what you manufacture, for which market you manufacture them, sector, your competitors etc.), your logo
3. Inventor: City, country, your employment status, work place, questions regarding the invention (short summary of the invention, value suggestion, place of application of the invention, your expectations)
• may be processed by Arçelik within the scope of the legal reasons set forth in article 5 of the Law and article 6.1 letter b in case you are located within European Economic Area (EEA) in order to be used on the Garage Innovation Hub website launched by Arçelik;
• in order to send commercial messages within the scope of events, projects, campaigns to be organised by Arçelik in the future, and all related innovations with regards to Garage Innovation Hub brand, based on your consent;
• and in order to provide operation of Garage Innovation Hub website, for the purposes of transferring to Bon Teknoloji ve Reklam Anonim Şirketi and keeping on the AWS Berlin and USA databases, abroad, of Bon Teknoloji ve Reklam Anonim Şirketi.
For what purpose shall your personal data be processed if there is explicit consent given by you?
Your personal data that shall be collected, may be processed by Arçelik, in case you give your explicit consent, in order to be used on the Garage Innovation Hub website launched by Arçelik, and in order to send commercial messages within the scope of events, projects, campaigns which shall be organised by Arçelik in the future, and all related innovations with regards to Garage Innovation Hub.
In addition, the publication of your photo on the Garage Innovation Hub website will also take place on the basis of your consent, i.e. on the grounds contained in Article 6.1(A) GDPR
You may withdraw your consent at any time, but your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing prior to your withdrawal.
To whom and for what purposes can your personal data be transferred?
Your personal data that shall be collected; may be transferred, within the framework of personal data processing conditions specified in article 8 of the Law or article 6.1 letter b in case you are located within EEA, to public authorities and private law legal entities, in order to achieve the purposes defined above.
What are the method and legal reason of collecting your personal data?
Your personal data shall be collected and processed for following legal reasons;
In order to achieve the purposes defined above, in case you give your explicit consent, your personal data which shall be collected; shall be processed in order to be used on Garage Innovation Hub website, launched by Arçelik, and, based on the legal reason of explicit consent, shall be processed in order to send commercial messages within the scope of events, projects, campaigns which shall be organised by Arçelik in the future, and all related innovations with regards to Garage Innovation Hub brand, and shall be transferred to Bon Teknoloji ve Reklam Anonim Şirketi which provides operation of Garage Innovation Hub website and shall be processed in order to be transferred for the purpose of keeping on AWS Berlin and USA databases, abroad, of Bon Teknoloji ve Reklam Anonim Şirketi.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and in accordance with applicable laws. This may include satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Third-party websites and content
Third parties, whose sites you may visit after clicking on a link from the Sites, may have less stringent privacy policies. We do not have control over these policies and urge you to read their privacy statements before providing any personal data to such sites.
What are your rights as the data subject?
We declare that, as the Data Subject, you shall have following rights in accordance with article 11 of the Law and articles 15-22 of GDPR:
- request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request") and access to additional information about our processing of your personal data to which this Privacy Notice applies
- request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data;
- request erasure or restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- object to our processing of your personal data;
- withdraw consent you have previously given;
- request data portability in certain circumstances;
- lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority; and
- contest decisions relating to you that we make automatically, that produce legal effects, or that materially affect you in a similar way. We do not normally make decisions automatically, but if we do, we will let you know when we make such decisions.
If you have more questions about how we use your personal data or about this Privacy Notice, please contact us via this form